Thursday, August 19, 2010

Paranormal story: An alleged Jinn haunting

The house in my home city of Karachi inherited to my mother and her sisters after the passing of my maternal grandparents became a legal property dispute.
My mother's older sister demanded the entire property be put in her name.

She managed to take over the ground floor and place squatters in it, out of fear that she would loose the whole house.
The squatters switched places with their relatives various times when they'd leave for their village(s) while their relatives would occupy the ground floor.

They have stayed for a decade now. Upstairs is occupied by my mother's best friend and her servants as we live in North America.
In 2005 I visited Karachi and heard a rather strange story. According to my mother's friend, the squatters downstairs were afraid of the room at the back belonging to my late aunt who passed away in 1999.

My late aunt's beloved piano had also been placed into the room she lived in. The squatters claimed that they encountered a giant man threatening to hurt anyone who entered the room.
Late at night the piano would play. Then a day came when the room was opened and a cat came running out.

Many assumed the cat had been walking on the piano making it heard.

The story was ridiculed and laughed upon by my mother's friend. However my mothers friend herself spoke of a story that she slept alone upstairs one night. It was pitch dark and she claimed to have seen a white moon colored light move past her bed.
She then claimed to being chocked by something and tried to free her neck, however she could not feel anything touching her neck.

She struggled for a few minutes and tried calling out to the servants living in the quarters in the backyard. But she then became free.
Also according to her, the squatters complained to my aunt who put her there about this strange bearded man.

My aunt had come to the house and went into this allegedly haunted bedroom of my other late aunt. She took a copy of the Quran and recited some prayers. My aunt supposedly performed these rituals a several times.

I do not know if there is truth to any of this, but according to Pakistani mythology and ghost tales, when a house or room is left abandoned for a long period of time, it usually attracts spirits and becomes haunted.

No comments:

Post a Comment