Saturday, September 10, 2011

Paranormal story: A possible case of the sixth sense or spiritual connection.

One of my uncles told me a strange story before he passed away. He was a hardcore science fiction fan and into history and religion.
He collected all sorts of books on the things that interested him which happened to include a book on Sufism.

In my paternal family were two sisters who were born with genetic disorders. Both have now passed away.
The elder one was named Cosir (best English spelling I can think of) who died much earlier and I have no memory of her. The second sister Wajee (spelling) also died but much more recently.

Both the sisters lead a life of mental retardation and were unable to speak due to their genetic disorder.
But once during her lifetime I learned from my uncle that Cosir craved one of his books on Sufism. She picked that particular book from his relatively large collection and held on to it, refusing to let go of it.

She would take and try to hide from others, holding on to it with her chest. Even when my uncle took it back and rearranged it in his collection, Cosir was still able to find that specific book about Sufism. If I remember correctly, that very book was of a famous Sufi poet. Regardless, the book was on the subject of Sufism.

Neither Cosir nor Wajee could read or write let alone speak due to their genetic disorder. Wajee did acknowledge a greeting sign from me once when I bowed my head as respect and could show facial expressions as I remember, but not speak properly.

Since Sufism is a spirituality and more removed from more strict and organized forms of faith, even the disabled can perhaps connect with it through spirituality.

Why she held the book to her chest and refused to hand it back or how she was able to distinguish that book from the other books is a mystery or because of my above theory. Or else the whole incident could have been a pure coincidence.

It's another case for skeptics and believers to argue over.

No comments:

Post a Comment