Thursday, March 18, 2010

Paranormal story: A possible witch atack.

Author's note: Stories such as this one does not reflect my beliefs in the supernatural. I am only repeating the details of an incident I heard.

During the summer of 2002, I was on summer holiday in my home city of Karachi in southern Pakistan.
During my father's childhood, his parents adopted a son called Ibrahim. A few of Ibrahim's grand sons had become close friends of mine. His granddaughter, sister of my friends had come to spend the night and be with my grandmother.

I got into talking to her about the super-natural, though I don't remember how we ended up with that subject.

She told me of an incident involving her older brother Imran and his friends. They were driving in a van one night in the outskirts of Karachi. They were passing by an area full of thick shrubs and bushes where they spotted an old woman searching through the bushes. Seeing that it was late at night with public transport closed, they offered her a ride home.

The woman turned towards them and seemed to hear their offer and moved towards the van. As she came closer the men noticed something awkward about her: Her feet were pointed backwards.

In Pakistani mythology, a woman with her feet pointed the opposite direction is a witch.
Seeing this, the men quickly shut the van's door and tried to speed away. But this "woman" caught up to the speeding van and grabbed on. Next thing she was banging on the windshield and dug her really long, sharp nails into the van's surface.

The terrified men tried increasing the speed, but it seemed to do no good and by this time the "woman" was screaming violently. The men then recited an Islamic prayer from the Quran, and the screaming witch's nails snapped, causing her to fall off the van.

Early in next morning the men found the outside of the van scratched with a bloody nail still dug deep into the metal skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment